MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Mes Clipart for worksheets 
MES-Fanatic!

Post Mes Clipart for worksheets
My students and me really like those clipart pictures. As you said they are simple (and accurate :) ) and therefore great for introducing simple words in phonics ( used some of the pages from your Fun Phonix Intro for teaching more difficult letters and children LOVE ithis activity -some of my holiday course students are only 4,5 years old and can easily do those- great job!)
Just one suggestion that would make the printing and resizing easier: Would it be possible to put the clipart in pdf format, preferably 20 or so in one file?

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:12 pm
Site Admin

Sorry, I never got back to you. Summer has been insane for me, but things are getting back to normal.

You mean just put all of the clipart into say ten pages or so? I would think that would make them less versatile but I'm sure that's something I could do. Are you going to print the sheets and cut them out as flashcards?
Image _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Image

I actually have plans to spend a couple months working on the entire 'Fun Fonix' project starting in November. I hope to surprise a few people.

Last edited by mesmark on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:53 am
Profile WWW
MES-Fanatic!

Yes, I was going to use them as flashcards (mainly in phonics lessons).
I'm looking forward to the new Fun Fonix project too :)

Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:58 pm
MES-Zealot!

I ended up putting them into a table on open office and then printed them out. I did them in lettter groups so that we could play memory with them. It's not that hard to put them into a grid on word or open office then print them out.

The kids love the drawings.... you've got a popular art style Mark.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I don't know what it is about those drawings. They are so simple, but my students really like them as well.

That 'style' is what I doodle on kids worksheets when they do a good job. (basically because I can do it really quickly.) They really liked them and that's what I went with for the Fun Fonix stuff. Give the people what they want I guess...

I'm glad your students have enjoyed them.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Fanatic!

Yes, my kids love them too. In the Fun phonix Intro book there is this activity where they draw they favourite word beginning with the letter taught and it's their favourite activity: copying the pics :) They usually try to draw more than one, too.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:41 am
MES-Zealot!

After about letter D, my kids realized that they had time to do more than one while waiting for the slower drawers... From then on, one group of the kids ALWAYS drew all of the drawings that started with the letter of the day. (all miniature).

Problem I had with the book was that the class was once a week for 16 weeks, so after doing 8 weeks of 1 letter a day, we went to 2 letters a day, we still didn't finish the book. :( (FF intro)

Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]