MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
'suggestions' suggestion 
MES-Zealot!

Post 'suggestions' suggestion
Hey Mark,

I noticed you added a new forum for your new generator. I was just thinking that if you made 'suggestion' sub-folders for each of your sites inside of the 'suggestions, feedback, whats new' forum, it might clean up your main forum board. Then, you could sticky all the sub-folders to the top of your 'suggestions, feedback, whats new' forum. Although, that would force the user to scroll down past those sub-folders to view what other people posted. It's just a suggestion.

What are the goods and bads of this idea?

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 am
Site Admin

I like the idea. It's a nice organizational plan, but I don't want the place to look like a ghost town :) There may not even really be a need for the new Tools for Educators forum. I wasn't really sure it was a good idea but I thought by opening up a new forum it might start a little chatter about the place.

I assume people are going to have some problems with that site and questions about it, so now they have a place to ask questions or report problems.

If that forum does see a lot of posts, then I'll probably break that area up.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:24 am
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

One thing I think your new site is missing is a jump button, so if a user has a comment over on the Teachers For Educators site, they can one-click jump straight into the forum and into the thread where they can start typing their suggestion.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:17 pm
Site Admin

One thing I think your new site is missing...

Well, right now it's missing a lot of things :)

I want to create more pages so you can surf by vocabulary category. Then, you could go to the animals page and access all the tools for the animal vocabulary sets.

I will have a link to the Tools for Educators forums as well. But for now, almost everyone to that site comes from MES-E and I have a few more things to do before I redo the links.

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions!

Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:11 am
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

I didn't exactly understand the points above, but what I like about this forum is that it's lively but not too lively if you get what I mean. Threads stay near the top of the list for a couple of weeks or so, you get to know the names and points of view of the regular contributors. It's like having a chat in the staff room, only with people from around the planet. That's exactly what you want from a forum, in my opinion. Some forums seem dead, others are a mad frenzy of new posts. This one's a good balance, I'd say.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thank Jon! I'm very happy with the forums here and thankful to the members for all their help with it.

Thanks for your contributions. I'm always glad to see some new threads to discuss and it's great to get other points of view from around the globe.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]