MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
new stuff - looking for testers - interested? 
Site Admin

Post new stuff - looking for testers - interested?
I have a new section coming in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone wanted to kick the tires a bit? I'd like a little feedback before I open it up to everyone.

If you'd like to take a look, just reply here and I'll PM you the URL.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I'd like to but I won't be near my laptop for 4 days...If that's OK, I'll be waiting for the URL

Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:23 pm
Site Admin

Well, we're close enough now to launch that I can go ahead and put out a little pre-launch sneak preview. :D

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post looks good!
It looks good! The only thing might be to be careful of having the page be too text-heavy. Especially because you have the Google ads on the page, it is a little word-heavy to the eye. Good luck!

Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:10 am
MES-Addict

Post Without a coursebook!
After a lot of thought, I've decided not to use a coursebook with my 6-year-olds... I'll be using only the MES material and hope everything will go well. Mark, do you have any other suggestions -for example, which set I should start with. Is there a syllabus or sth I could follow-consult? I'd appreciate any extra advice. Wish me luck! Thanks once again for everything!!

Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:26 pm
MES-Addict

I haven't tried out the listening material, but it looks good! In particular, I bet it would be useful for teachers who are not native speakers trying to introduce English activities in their classes. I've refered a few such teachers to your other materials. Anyway, do you have any plans to translate the page into other languages? And would you like some help if you do?

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:50 am
Site Admin

Well, I'd like to translate all my sites into other languages, but right now I'm well backed up just trying to get stuff up in English.

I have a notebook filled with about 1 year's worth of ideas/plans ...

I appreciate the offer, though. I might eventually put a request out for something like that.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Without a coursebook!
papadeli wrote:
Mark, do you have any other suggestions -for example, which set I should start with. Is there a syllabus or sth I could follow-consult? I'd appreciate any extra advice. Wish me luck! Thanks once again for everything!!

I do have a curriculum based around all of these materials (or rather all of these materials are based on my curriculum.) Right now it's just written out as a skeleton and the meat is all in my head.

I'm not really ready to give it away, but if you wanted to start a thread in the teaching section asking for 'advice' on your own plan. I'd definitely give some input. So would others, I'm sure.

It sounds like a nice group project :)

It would help me a lot to hear where someone else plans to start and how they might tackle this.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

I also had a course plan and methodology along with course books I wrote for 3 semesters, but stopped teaching before it got developed into a full basic-to-advanced course. I used MES stuff as a compliment and sometimes as a lesson substitution.

It's one of those do as you go kind of things. Experience has many rewards and with time you become a better teacher.

Steve

Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]