MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Feedback on Podcast Playback 
MES-Member

Post Feedback on Podcast Playback
First thank you Mark and Ron for coming out with podcasts for us TEFL teachers. May I gently suggest that you adjust your podcasts' volume to smooth out the changes in volume from both speakers? For example, in the Suggestopedia episode, Mark's voice is even-toned and tends to be toward the soft side while that of Ron is much louder. My ears hurt when listening to this episode on headphones. If I lower the volume, I will not be able to hear Mark clearly. So I hope you can polish up the audio up a bt before we dinosaur teachers hear it. They say aged people have sensitive ears! :lol:

Sincerely,
Kenneth K.
TEFL Cert., B.A., MBA

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:05 pm
Site Admin

Kenneth - thanks for the feedback. Ron puts the podcasts together. Then I listen to it and post the show and show notes. I listen on my computer speakers so the difference isn't too dramatic. I can imagine with headphones it would be different.

We actually record our shows in two streams. I record myself only on this end and Ron records himself on his end. Then Ron combines the two streams. So, it should be easy to adjust one up or down. I'll let him know about it and we'll try to make the sound a bit more consistant.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope you continue to enjoy the shows.

Happy teaching - Mark

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]