MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
You're being listened to in Ukraine 
MES-Member

Post You're being listened to in Ukraine
I'm a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ukraine, working as a teacher trainer. I constantly look for resources for both volunteers, who often have no training outside of Peace Corps, and Ukrainian teachers. Your podcasts have been great! I've passed them on to many people here, and people have bene enjoying them.

I really like that you separate out your GAME OF THE WEEK. They're nice, short listening materials, and great for if you're looking for something quickly.

I've also been really excited that you've covered a lot of methodology. I find myself having to teach about the Direct Method and about the Communicative Method, etc, and having yet another resource has been absolutely wonderful.

I wanted to recommend a series of books that have been amazing--the Longman "HOW TO" set. The "How to Teach Vocabulary" and "How to Teach Grammar" have been really great and there are really practical ideas in them. I don't know if you've talked about textbooks, but I would love to have a podcast about great textbooks or resource books that are worth having on your shelf.

To that end, I can't recommend enough the Simon and Schuster's Handbook For Writers. I get a lot of grammar questions, and it breaks them down really nicely.

Thank you again for providing such a great resource. We *are* listening, and you're even being passed around in Ukraine ;)

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]