MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Big/Little Town Cards 
MES-Addict

Post Big/Little Town Cards
I've just started using these with a junior high class. They really seem to like them. A suggestion-Can you make a blank card? That way the kids could fill in their own card.

Juli

Wed May 12, 2010 9:52 am
MES-Member

Post Re: Big/Little Town Cards
jahkamakura wrote:
I've just started using these with a junior high class. They really seem to like them. A suggestion-Can you make a blank card? That way the kids could fill in their own card.

Juli

Yes, I second the question that Juli had. Is it possible to make a blank card for the students to make their own "dream sheet". Big Town cards are really, really useful. And I always credit mes-english when I use the cards. The JET's love them. They bring a refreshing to the class. I use them mainly in my Jr. High and conversation classes. In Jr. High, when the students enter the classroom, they must speak Englsih before entering. They use the phrases:

ENTRANCE LIST
1. May I come in
2. What's your name
3. How old are you
4. When is your birthday
5. How tall are you
6. How much do you weigh
7. etc, etc.,

I and the JET stand at both doorways and the student must answer the questions. After they answer them we say "yes please". That student now replaces the teacher and questions the next student. It continues until all studnets are in the room. Of course, we pick and choose the questions that need to be asked.

Then we introduce the next topic on the Big Town cards, practice the target language and then play interview game with the same questions above.

The following week, the question is added to the entrance list. It is a great way to get them speaking English in the classroom.

Thanks

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]