MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
making own sets of flashcards 
MES-Member

Post making own sets of flashcards
Hi!

I'm new to the forum, but not new to the site, have been using it since I started teaching kids, and really like some of the material, and am only beginning to explore it really!

I have a question: I use the flashcards as simple, black-and-white pictures printed on ordinary paper, and this means that I print many, many of them (most of my games - and my teaching really - are based on the flashcards so I really need lots).

however, my problem is that I often don't need all of the flashcards in one set (say, I'd need 1 or two on each page), so I end up printing tons of papers I don't really need.

for this reason I was wondering if it was possible to make one's own sets of flashcards for printing...

see that it is forbidden to modify the files, but I haven't noticed the option for printing only certain flashcards or making one's own sets. if there is such an option, please let me know, or perhaps consider introducing it, I'm sure some of the other teachers would appreciate it too.

Thanks a lot! :)

Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 am
Site Admin

I'm not sure what you mean by printing many flashcards to one page, but here's a tutorial on how to print the large flashcards smaller:
http://www.mes-english.com/forums/viewt ... ?p=481#481

If you do that but just choose to print the pages you want, pages 3, 6, 8, 12 for example, you'll get just those on the page.

There's a vocabulary handout maker at Tools for Educators that has the pictures smaller and you can put up to 15 on a page. You can also mix and match between sets with that program.

There is a picture dictionary maker as well and that has options for as little as 8 words, up to 20 words. (The eight word option will leave some blanks and students can draw in their own examples now or later.)

Would any of those ideas help you to accomplish what you are trying to do?

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]