MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Flashcard to depict 'busy' 
MES-Member

Post Flashcard to depict 'busy'
Unless I am blind, I cannot find a flashcard that depicts this. I know it is not a technically a feeling, but it would fit pretty well in that section, and it is not uncommon to reply 'I'm busy' if someone asks you have you are.

If you already have a suitable flashcard in a different category, please provide the link and accept my apologies for being blind.

thanks again for the great site!

a lot of searches in google gets you the first hit, which never happened 6 months ago, so clearly you are doing something very right.

Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Flashcard to depict 'busy'
There's a flashcard for "She looks busy" in the senses flashcards. I don't know if that will work or not, but that's what I have for now.

kmart23 wrote:
a lot of searches in google gets you the first hit, which never happened 6 months ago, so clearly you are doing something very right.

Thanks! I do work a bit of SEO but not too heavily for MES English. It has always done pretty well in Google, but has its ups and downs. Sometimes the pages rank really high and other times they drop down on the list. I'm sure I could do a little better if I optimized pages and stuff, but I just have bigger fish I want to fry :D

You might also be getting personalized results, assuming you are logged into a gMail or other Google account. If you tend to visit MES often, then Google may return more pages for MES and return them in higher positions when you are searching.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:34 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Firstly, thanks for your fast reply! Yeah, I completely missed it, but it is perfect. I might remove the eye though, just so it conforms with all the other flash cards.

You may be right about how it is giving a higher rank on this computer, but I hope it is more because google realizes how awesome your site is and ranks it accordingly.

what are the bigger fish you speak of? I am curious! I thought this site would be taking up enough of your time actually. you must be really busy!

Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 am
Site Admin

I feel pretty busy at times :P. I teach a full-time schedule and do web stuff as a hobby. Websites do take up a lot of my day at times. Right now, it's not MES-E, but end of the school year printables like my certificate template website, graduation printables, and Father's Day cards, etc.

What will keep me busy for the next few months is hopefully the next stage in development for MES English. I don't really want to say, in case I never get around to it :) I already have quite a few unfulfilled promises around all of the sites ...

Wed May 25, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]