MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
No PP for some sets / small game cards prepositions 
MES-Zealot!

Post No PP for some sets / small game cards prepositions
Hey Mark I just noticed that was not a Powerpoint for school subjects so I decided to check all the sets out for you.

I noticed that [s]Easter[/s], fantasy, [s]Valintine's day[/s], Month's, Nationalities, [s]Passive verbs[/s], [s]People/Occupatons 2(They set) [/s], [s]places 2 [/s], Plural Nouns(animals), [s]Pronouns[/s], St patrick's day, [s]science [/s], and [s]tools[/s] also did not contain power points.

I noticed none of the holidays had PP(maybe that was by design since they might not be used as often as other sets) and I know that [s]science[/s] and [s]tools[/s] are new, so maybe you have't gotten around to them yet.

Also, while the words for the different preposition small game cards appear on the web page, you are unable to click on it. For super powers there was no small game option at all.

In addition, Play ground Bingo option can't be clicked.

I'm not sure if you were aware of these things or if they are things you hadn't gotten around to yet or you even weren't planning to do them.

Anyway just wanted to give you a heads up.

I skimed over some of the pages and didn't see any mnote by you stating these weren't options. Also, if I missed a previous thread that addressed the items I appologise for being redundent.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:08 pm
Site Admin

Thanks, I know there were a few holes, but I've just been trying to complete some of the bigger things.

The list is really helpful. I can work right off that :lol: Saves me the time of looking around and tryig to find what needs to be done.

I have to be honest though, I don't really like doing all those little things, especially when I don't use/need them for myself. I like making new things. That's why there are so many half finished or almost finished things on this site. I do want to though. I want to make MES-E the best site it can be. :)

I have a pretty open schedule for Nov. and Dec. I plan to pay more attention to MES-E and get to this list. The other sites are built up enough for now and can deal with a little break. (maybe not www.123listening.com but I can do both.)

Please feel free to add to this list. I'll do my best to tick some of these off.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

I don't use some of the ones I listed either, but when I noticed one missing something, I decided to do a check for you and you busy self.

For people who want small game cards for the sets with out them they can print them 16-up.

The holiday sets have limited use, and I've never used the fantasy set. The sets that interest me the most are [s]Poeple Set 2(they)[/s], [s]places 2[/s], plural nouns, [s]passive verbs[/s], and [s]pronouns[/s].

However, please spend your precious time as you see best. I'm sure you will. I think most of us who frequent and make use of your site are as excited about the new and big stuff as you.

Anyway I'll let you know if I see anything else.

As for making the site the best it can be. It's already number one in my book. But there's nothing wrong with striving to be the best you can be.

Have a great day and enjoy your open schedule.

Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:41 am
MES-Member

Post powerpoint
Hi great site. :) I especially love being able to use the powerpoint versions of the flashcards, so I can 'tweak' the text to the grammer point I'm teaching.

I have noticed the link for a few of the powerpoint sets don't work and just return me to the site home page e.g. [s]health sets[/s]. There are others, but I'm sorry I didn't note down what they were.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:33 pm
Site Admin

Thanks. I had the PowerPoint presentations on a different server but canceled that account and tried to move everything back over to the main server.

The files are fine but it appears that I missed a few of the links (I need to change those.)

I have fixed the health page and the PPT files sould download for you now. If you let me know of any other problems, I'll fix them as soon as I can.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Christmas
Hi Mark,
Christmas flashcards also don't open in powerpoint, when you click on the powerpoint option. Looks like the link is going to a html file or something, because it does open, but it looks like a web page.
Cheers

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:02 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Christmas
madhare wrote:
Christmas flashcards also don't open in powerpoint, when you click on the powerpoint option. Looks like the link is going to a html file or something, because it does open, but it looks like a web page

I tried the Christmas Power Points and they downloaded fine here.

Can you tell me what's happening? Are you forwarded to another page? Does something start to happen and then get blocked?

Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ok, I have updated a few sets with PowerPoints

Valentine's
science + extras
tools + extras
places 2
people 2 they
pronouns
Easter

Last edited by mesmark on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

Hey Mark any chance there were be a working link for the prepostion of movement game cards in the near future?

They are listed on the site but you can't click them.

I have a new printer and no one has been able to figure out how I can get them to print 16 up so I can make my own small cards.

I was hoping to use them soon and would rather not use b/w copies.

If your to busy no worries. I'll figure something out.

Ciao for now.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]