MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Writing & Tracing Custom Worksheet Text 
MES-Addict

Post Writing & Tracing Custom Worksheet Text
Hey Mark,

Can't get the text on the custom worksheet maker to allign properly. The internet explorer version is too low and the "other browers" is too high. I was thinking about downloading a new browser (using explorer) but the computer I am on has strict restrictions on what I can download.

Any suggestions?

Also,

I have found that on another computer, also running explorer, it works, but only in the "Other Browser" section (it is too low in the internet explorer section).

I'd just use the other computer, but I'm trying to help another teacher get their computer working with the site, so she can make some worksheets.

Anyways, let me know if you have any ideas.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:00 pm
Site Admin

Sorry you are having problems with this. I'll try to tqake a look again tonight, but did you print one of the worksheets using the IE version?

Sometimes they display funky but that's because the user has increased or decreased the display aspects. Newer computers will adjust everything but older computers will just enlarge or shrink the fonts.

Please let me know and I'll take a look at it anyway.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

OK, you were right. The Internet Explorer version was sitting 5 pixles low. Maybe that happened with the change to the new IE7. Anyway, I've adjusted the code and tried it on two different computers. It should be fixed.

If it's still not formatted correctly, please let me know. Also, if you find any others like that, please let me know.

Sun May 03, 2009 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Writing and tracing text too dark
Hi Mark,
I find that the text for the writing and tracing texts prints out too dark for the students to trace over. I usually end up typing one example sentence in with the computer program, and then do the rest by hands with 'dots'. Obviously very time consuming! Is there a way I can lighten the font or perhaps change it to a 'dotted' format? I already use the 'fast' printing setting, but that doesn't seem to help (it still prints out too dark...)
Thanks for your help!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm
Site Admin

Did you download the font for the tracing worksheets? Once installed the worksheets should display with a dotted text like you see in the preview.

I actually usually hear that the font is too light :D

Unfortunately, you don't have any control on your end for changing the font. Let me know about the font download and if there's still a problem, I'll take a look and see if there's something I can do.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Post Writing and Tracing Font
I had read your message several times about downloading the font, and thought I had. Just tried again and it works perfectly! :oops: Thank you so much! It will save me a lot of work 'dotting' all of the sentences by hand in!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:44 am
Site Admin

Great! I'm glad that was all there was to it and that the worksheet makers will save you time (not take more of your time.) :D

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]