MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
flashcards borders for cutting 
MES-Member

Post flashcards borders for cutting
Hello, this is my first post and I would like first of all to thank you for the wonderful work you do.
I use your small flashcards for memory games and find it difficult to cut each card so that it is exactly the same size and shape because there are no borders. Would it be possible to have an outline on the backing part...? I did try the toolmaker but the cards are very small and there is no backing. So unless I use very thick paper the sutdents can see the image through! I'm working on feelings at the moment.

Also I was wondering whether it would be possible to have the flashcards as squares rather than rectangle as you can fit more cards. I make some cards myself and fit 12 in one page. The size is big enough I find and it saves on both paper and ink...

Many thanks. :D

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:51 am
Site Admin

Post Re: flashcards borders for cutting
alexiado - welcome to the forums :smt006

I'm glad to hear that you like the site. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of good news. Each of the files are made individually, so I'd have to remake them all (add lines to each page of the set, make the PDF and add all of the files properties.) The same would go for changing the card size to square. Right now, I don't have the time to take on that project.

Have you tried printing the large flashcards 9/page for example? Then you could print just the last flashcard-backing page 9x with the same 9/page attribute. If you'd like to try that, check here for more details: viewtopic.php?p=481#p481

I hope that helps.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:21 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Thank you for your prompt reply! I hadn't seen that the large FC had borders as I never used it...my mistake for not looking. I tried what you wrote above: it is great for printing for example the 12 feelings/expressions FC on one sheet. The only problem is the backing: I would like to have 12 backings to print reverse but if I select 12x and 12/page it will just print 12 pages with one backing (of the correct size though :roll: ). Would you know whether there is a way to print one page several time on the same sheet?.... Otherwise could I use a different backing?
Thank you for you help.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:28 am
Site Admin

I'm glad to hear that the large flashcards will work out.

Yes, if you can't get the MES backings to print right, you can back the cards with something else.

I checked and the newer version of acrobat reader doesn't let you print one page multiple times, or at least my version doesn't. I believe you used to be able to do that. I'll look into that and see if I can find a solution.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]