MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
20 minutes public - - > spammed 5 times 
Site Admin

Post 20 minutes public - - > spammed 5 times
Now you have to register to post in the forums. In case you were wondering why I do that, last night I tried to open the forums back up for public posting. I changed all the permissions to allow guests to post without registering. I went back to the forums 20 minutes later and had to spend 5 minutes deleting 8 posts from 5 spammers. Then the next 5 minutes converting the forums back to registered users only.

It's sad that the few ruin it for everyone. :?

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:19 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Yikes! That's too bad about the spam...hate to think that your good intentions caused more work in the end. But, it's okay! The members on this site are so helpful and enthusiastic about teaching -- the few extra minutes to sign up pales in comparison to the hours of teaching help I get!

Another teacher I know uses your site, and we talk about it quite a lot. I want to tell you that I hardly use books in my jr. high school -- it's almost all MES games, worksheets, and flashcards!

Just want to let you know that your hard work is appreciated. :-D

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:42 am
MES-Addict

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:49 am
MES-Addict

Post Spam
Spam is something that wastes your time when on the internet/computer. It is worth it Mark, begining asked to log in. Tks.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:56 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Yeah, it would be great if the forums were open for public posting but the spammers are just relentless.

It's even more of a pain to register now with an extra security code (7575) required for registration, but it saves me 15-20 minutes a day. I used to have to delete posts and members with adult/drug/curtain sales websites in their profiles. Now, they can't be bothered to look for the code and the programs designed to register and post can't figure out that security measure.

I can actually take a little break now and not worry about what has been posted :-D

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]