MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
kindergarten games 
MES-Member

Post kindergarten games
Hi there i have been teaching kindergarten for 2 years now i have used most of the subjects on mes-english just starting to run out of ideas for games and sometimes i can a bit limited to what i can teach some subjects are just to hard but if anyone knows some good games or fresh ideas it would be much appreciated.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:56 pm
MES-Addict

Post Re: kindergarten games
I find most flashcards etc here are multi level. Yes, of course some look like they are just year 1 or 2 etc but it is up to you to try to take the vocab to the next level.

I use the flashcards here extensively in 2 levels. I just 'up the vocab' from one level to the next, add more difficulty etc. These cards are so easy to use and so adaptable.

This year my wife is starting to teach Kindy basic English and will be using my cards as I finish eachy unit.

schmickuk wrote:
Hi there i have been teaching kindergarten for 2 years now i have used most of the subjects on mes-english just starting to run out of ideas for games and sometimes i can a bit limited to what i can teach some subjects are just to hard but if anyone knows some good games or fresh ideas it would be much appreciated.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:55 pm
Site Admin

Sorry, i moved this from the games forum to here, just because I felt we may get a bit off subject.

I agree with Aussie Teacher that revisiting the content and just making it more difficult via expanded language is one way to go about it. That's actually the way I developed these materials, was to lay a foundation of vocabulary and then go back and cover each vocabulary set with more in-depth target language. Basically so we could build language within words and topics students already know.

Anyway, how big are your groups?

Are you changing games because you are bored or because the kids are bored?

What kids of games have you done with them that worked well?

Can you tell us what you are teaching or what you plan to teach next? Animals? Body parts? "I like..."?

I know this sounds like a question attack, but with a little more detailed information about your group and what you're doing, it's easier to offer some suggestions.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

I have taught them nearly every subject on mes but this week i'm going over the abc again but more in depth with some work sheets like what comes before B what comes after B etc.

I teach 2-6 year olds everyday for 30 mins each my 4 year olds are a big class of 30 but the rest are a modest class of 24-25 students .

for my 2 year olds this week i bought some plastic fruit for 62 baht (thailand) the kids loved it .

The students love my teaching so does the school i just think it's me that is getting bored i have got some fresh songs this term also as a teacher you just have to keep it fresh but i guess that sometimes the original songs and games always work.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:53 pm
MES-Addict

also as a teacher you just have to keep it fresh but i guess that sometimes the original songs and games always work.
I know I often wish for new songs but find it confuses the kids when they learn a song from me then find the Oxford book teaches it with different words then another country changes words as well. You start the song and everyone sings different words and lose interest. This term we had a new foreign teacher start here and I offered her a copy of some popular songs to use in her class (my daughter is in her class and knows them all so can help) but find she changed the words and even my daughter says it makes things hard as her book has different words as well lol. My suggestion is keep to the same tried and proven songs and just try and change/add different actions and get the kids involved that way. Once the kids are enjoying it I find I enjoy the lessons more as well.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:08 am
MES-Member

and look both ways by the wiggles .
Most of the wiggles songs you can look on you tube for the actions.
and there are only one version of most of there songs .

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:35 pm
MES-Fanatic!

If it helps, I have a bunch of songs you can download for free to use in your class. Many of them work really well with the MES English flash cards. Please have a look if you have some free time:

http://www.dreamenglish.com/freedownload

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]