MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Comics 
Post Comics
'

Hi all,

I have FREE comics for EFL/ESL teachers and students.

Here's the address:http://www.grammarmancomic.com

There's lots of other resources on the site. If you enjoy it, please give my URL to other teachers and students.

Thanks!

Brian

Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 pm
Site Admin

and good luck with grmmarman comics!

- Mark

Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:23 am
Profile WWW

The Grammarman website has had quite a few visitors from MES English - I hope your forum users have found the comics and other materials useful.

I must say - I like the layout and design of your forums. Did you make this yourself? Or is i a template from somewhere? Online? ... I hope to add some forums to my site later this year, and was wondering how to get started.

Traffic seems to be picking up on your forums as more people get involved.

One other question - how long have you had MES-English.com?

Thanks!

Brian

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:17 am
Site Admin

I've been running MES-English for 11 months now. I built the first version of the site on March 26th, 2005. Most of the site design I've put together myself but I use software to do all the complicated stuff.

The forums are from phpbb.com. Just about everyone uses their script to run their forums, even Dave's. It's pretty simple to set up. Check it out and give it a shot.

The layout and look of the forum was originally from a skin and I just played with them a little to get them to look the way I wanted. (I was just tried of seeing the same forum look eveywhere.) But I think they have over 50 different skins to choose from.

If you want to register grammarman with my Language Resource List you'll probably see more traffic from me.

- Mark

Last edited by mesmark on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:26 pm
Profile WWW

I started to register, but don't have a banner. What dimensions should my banner be?

Brian

Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:36 pm
Site Admin

You can have a banner up to 468x60 pixels (widthxheight.) You can have a smaller banner than that, but not larger either way.

Once you've made your banner you'll have to save it on your server and then you can go into the user menu change to the new banner.

- Mark

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

I think many teachers do this, but wanted to post it, in case -- it's possible to go the other way -- from story to comic, too :wink: .
My class writes a story together, implementing the vocabulary of the day, then I give them blank comic strip blocks, and students illustrate the story. The methodology behind this is that students internalize the words and story as they draw the pictures. I also give the students the option of changing the story as much as they'd like, and I've gotten some very creative comics.

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]