MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
HOME EDUCATION IN SOTH AFRICA 
MES-Member

Post HOME EDUCATION IN SOTH AFRICA
Gorgeous site you have here, I am most intrigued at the support and information available in international sites. Home education in South Africa is taboo and we have a lot to learn. I will blog this on to my various personal sites in the hope that I can encourage more home educators to take charge of their children's education. It may or may not be public internationally but IF you can get your child into a public school the standard of educationis so shocking that they have to be re-taught everything by private tutors. And hell no is anything for free. What we are forced to spend on educaiton here in Government Institutions is more than what many people in this country earn in a year.... Sad state of affairs here, what a bonus out of a tragic situation where young children are getting raped and stabbed in our schools, we find informative and user-friendly encouraging sites such as this.... well done!!! I shall pass on your web address to all my NBF's who are also faced with the same exciting challenges of removing our chldren from the educaiton system in SA and going it alone.... Thanks for your support, your site is amazing, truly!!!

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:57 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Wow. That sounds like a pretty tough situation. If anything from this site can help out in any way, I'll be really happy. It's a tough road at first to start home schooling but most of the parents I've spoke with say it was the best decision they made with concerning their child, for many reasons.

Good luck to you and I hope the site will help some of the others you know that are struggling with this.

Happy teaching,
Mark

Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:57 am
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Thanks for your response, it's so encouraging. And here I want to teach my girls and spell South Soth, um, not very good introduction was it? It's a really dificult situation here but because of various monopolies and the ridiculously low rate of the rand many parents find themselves in this situation. I have met some wonderful people in the last week who have opted for this form of education for thier children in South Africa and they love it, their kids love it and are thriving.

Obviously because of various social factors (and ex-husbands) we single parents have joined a stunning site which is international (I can send you the website addy) because no doubt trouble will be abrewing, more especially from previously completely disinterested spouses... I don't see the site mentioned here, but it gives all the legalities etc of Home schooling in South Africa, and I have already tonight recommended your site to many of the home educators I have been fortunate enough to meet recently. Hopefully soon you will have a massive S African Following, and here's your BIGGEST FAN!!!

so all in all i am terrified but so very excited.... I have been in your site since I logged on for the first time a few hours ago. I am loving it. I have learnt so much myself and no doubt will be zooooommmmming in here looking for your expert advice.... Whew! Now I will come up for air... Well it is after midnight here in the 3rd world so best I get on with what has to be done... You have done a fantastic job on this site. Congratulations!

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:10 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]