MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Christmas Party Games 
MES-Fanatic!

Post Christmas Party Games
With the Christmas season drawing near, will you be doing Christmas Parties with each individual class or one big party with all the students of your school?

What games and/or activities will you do?

Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:22 pm
MES-Member

I'll be doing one big party for all my kids together, which means 22 kids with another half dozen or so younger sibling tag-alongs. Our Christmas party is one of 4 we do each year.

The main focus of our parties is not so much English, as cultural experience, so as long as I have one or two English games, I don't worry about the rest. I'm a one-man (oops-person) show, so I usually recruit a few moms to help out (and they certainly can't do anything in English!).

We will have a couple of craft stations and a gingerbread cookie decorating station, and the kids will rotate around. We'll take a break for juice and a snack, then have a giant bingo game using the Christmas vocabulary from MES!! (Thanks Mark!!) We'll finish up with a gift exchange (500yen value unisex gift brought by each child to swap).

That's my plan so far. Last year I only had half the number of kids, so we did some more active games. My favorite was the 'winter dress-up' race, where they had to put on a snow suit, hat, gloves, scarf, goggles, and earmuffs, then race to the other side of the room and take it all off, for the next person to put on and race back. Great fun! I'll have too many kids and not enough space for that this year.

Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:29 pm
Site Admin

I'm going to be doing some simple Christmas activities in the last two classes before the end of the year break. I'll play bingo, sing songs, color, make reindeers and play some different Christmas card games. Obviously, not in every class. Each class will just get one or two of the above.

On December 23, I'll hold an all school party for students and their families. We have dinner with everyone bringing one dish. Then once the kids scarf down their dinner, we'll have a few stations for them to busy themselves. This year they can decorate their own Christmas cookies, play bingo and/or make Christmas bookmarks.

After the bingo prizes start to get low, Santa comes. We greet Santa and then Santa graciously sits down by the Christmas tree and families can take pictures with Santa. Then santa gives out some gifts. As a thank you, all the students sing Santa a song or two and then we say good-bye to Santa.

After that... Yes, there's more. The students can take down their stocking and they get yet another present. My wife makes stcokings for all of the kids and they write their name on them with glitter glue. It's a nice touch and really helps decorate the place for the party.
www.marks-english-school.com/news/2006christmas/

Those are some pictures from my party two years ago.

That's the end of the party and I pack everything up, head home and crash on my livingroom floor. For about a week. :D

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]