MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
handouts 
MES-Addict

Post handouts
Sometimes i have problems getting the hondouts to come up on my computer so i can't print them i have been making them on tools for educators but they limit the amount of words you can have per sheet and you do not always get all the vocabulary onto the one sheet. Is there a way this can be solved?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 am
Site Admin

Post Re: handouts
Unfortunately, at this point, the handout maker allows you to use up to 15 images. The problem is space on a single page. I originally made the handout images a little bigger so that it would be easier for students to recognize. The other worksheet makers use a smaller version of the images and so it's possible to get more on a page.

There is a picture dictionary handout which will work as a handout as well. It has layouts for up to 12, 16, or 20 words per page. That might be better for what you want to do.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Thanks i will look into that in a moment it sounds like it would be exactly what i am looking for thank you for helping me

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 pm
MES-Addict

just to let you know your sugestion was perfect for what i needed when the vocabulary handouts do not load thank you for your help yet again

Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:40 am
Site Admin

I'm sorry that you are having troubles opening the files., but that's great that you you are able to make handouts that will work for you.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:53 am
Profile WWW
MES-Addict

Only some of them won't load but i do have most of them that correspond with the flashcards that i have down loaded

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:45 pm
MES-Member

I have no problem with loading the handouts, but some of the printing is so pale, even when I print on ';best' that it will not photocopy . Please can you tell me how to save them - i can't save a swf file - so that I can change the colour - or change the colour on line?
Many thanks

jenny Abbey

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:26 pm
Site Admin

Jenny - I made all of these materials on MES English for my own use and I actually didn't plan on having any text on the handouts. I wanted the students to remember the words via pictures only. Later, I decided to add the text for parents to be able to teach (remind them of) their children any words they forget. I made them gray so that they wouldn't stand out.

After having those handouts on the site for a few years, I began to get similar suggestions for darker text and I certainly understand that request. That as well as other requests related to flexibility lead me to make Tools for Educators. You can use that site to make handouts and the text is black. There are also other options like the picture dictionary maker that can also be used to make handouts.

Hopefully one of those will work out and you'll be able to use the materials in your classes.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Member

Many thanks for this - these are for teaching English to children in a very small village in Bali - so they would need to be reminded of the words . I am limited in time for preparation - as we do this as volunteers, so trying to take the short way out ! But will have a go at making my own

Many thanks

jenny

:smt006

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]