MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Fantasy 1. The princess knight 
MES-Zealot!

Post Fantasy 1. The princess knight
The princess kinght

Once upon a time there was a king and queen who lived in a good kingdom. All the people were happy. But then one day an evil monster kidnapped their son the prince. Now everyone was sad. The king and queen asked a great wizard to help them, but he was scared and he flew away on his pet dragon.

Then one day a beautiful and strong princess came to the land. She heard the sad story about the prince. She said she would save him. When she was riding over a hill she met a big giant, who told her she had to give him all her money. She just laughed and when the giant tried to hit her she used her sword and shield to fight him. After two hours the giant was tired and told the princess that she was the winner.

Later when the princess was riding through a forest she saw an elf who told her that the evil monster lived on an island in the sea. The princess didn’t know what to do, because she didn’t have a boat. She shouted that she would not give up, that she promised to save the prince.

A mermaid swimming in the sea heard the princess’ brave words and she told the princess that she would take her to the island. When they got to the island the princess said “Thank you!” and ran to the castle. But the monster saw her coming and shot at her with his bow and arrow. However, a fairy that also lived on the island used her magic wand and none of the arrows could hit the princess. When the monster had no more arrows the princess walked up and hit it in the nose. The monster started to cry and ran away.

When the princess found the prince in the castle’s dungeon he was so happy to see her. He told her she was so beautiful and strong and he asked her to marry him and be his queen. She said “Thank you but I don’t want to be a queen, I want to be knight and help all the good people in the world.”

Even today people talk about the princess knight who gave up a kingdom to help the world.

Questions:

1. What happened to the prince when the story started?

2. What did the wizard do when the king and queen asked him to save the prince?

3. What did the princess meet when she was riding over the hill?

4. When did the elf tell the princess?

5. Why didn’t the princess want to be a queen?

True or false

1. Once upon a time there was a king and queen who lived in an evil kingdom. T F
2. The big giant told the princess to give him all her money. T F
3. When they got to the island the princess swam to the castle. T F
4. The princess hit the giant in the nose. T F
5. The prince was happy to see the princess. T F

Fill in the blank

giant monster elf fairy king queen prince princess mermaid

1. The princess met an __________________ when riding through the forest.
2. A ___________ waved her wand to help the princess.
3. The ________________ told the princes that she was the winner.
4. A __________________ helped the princess get to the island.
5. The king and queen were sad because a monster kidnapped the ___________________.

* I didn't make an ad libversonof this story sicne I used a lot of the vocabulary several times.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:52 pm
Site Admin

I was just thinking this morning that the fantasy set might make for some good stories :D

Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
MES-Zealot!

Mark I'm glad you lked the stories and I will diffenitely being doing more.

You are most welcome. It is nice to be able to help you and the site out more. You and mes-english have made so many teachers lives and students classes much more enjoyable.

Thanks as always.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:30 am
MES-Addict

Post Re: Fantasy 1. The princess knight
This story is great i like the fact that for once the princess is not a damsel in distress and that she is the heroine saving the prince

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]