MES EnglishFlashcardsPhonicsGamesWorksheetsOnline ESL GamesCertificatesPrintable Calendars

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Paper game--another winner! 
MES-Member

Post Paper game--another winner!
I like the paper game a lot. How about a version without the yes no--maybe a symbolic yes (check mark, smiley face etc.) or no instead, for those of us who are teaching LOTE?

As well as using it in class as a game, I'm going to use this as a written exercise for my deaf students (Spanish), providing them with a sheet of questions.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:12 am
MES-Member

Post Re: Paper game--another winner!
alabemos wrote:
I like the paper game a lot. How about a version without the yes no--maybe a symbolic yes (check mark, smiley face etc.) or no instead, for those of us who are teaching LOTE?

As well as using it in class as a game, I'm going to use this as a written exercise for my deaf students (Spanish), providing them with a sheet of questions.

I did a variation where I made a 5x6 grid (similar to the Paper game). I shaded the top row and the right column. All the cells are blank and I laminated the paper.

Now when I go in to class, I put the flashcards on the board and the students can choose which order and where they want to put the words. This adds to the randomness. Afterwards, with board markers we play 'any bingo type game' the game as usual.

When the class is done, the papers can be cleaned and saved for next time.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]